Monday, January 14, 2008

Creative overflow

Reflective Soliloquy.

One might assume that this is going to be a series of self-reflective and spiritually motivating blog posts. One might end up assuming way too much.

There are tons of bloggers out there with opinions galore on topics ranging from politics to theology. What is so special about this one ? Does he have something significant to contribute to the "Blogosphere" that was hitherto absent ? or is he just another smart ass with nothing better to do ?

Wow, you ask a lot of questions! Did you know that it is considered a tad bit impolite to continue talking to a person without letting him get in a word or two ?

Ha Ha HA you might say. It was a "below the poverty line" PJ, as someone I am close to would say.

Time for some honesty.

I am a twenty-something just starting out in life. I have all this creativity bubbling inside me and keep looking for new arenas to satisfy my creative urges. Blogging is not new to me. I have tried my hand at it once and then got caught up in the rat race of grad school. But this time, I have decided not to repeat the same mistake. And hence, I am going to try my hand at horse racing now.

Seriously, get serious.

So, thats the reason I have got back to blogging. I have all these ideas and read about so many new things everyday. I might not have the time to comment on each and every issue I come across everyday, but maybe this time I will be at it long enough to look back after a year and say to myself that that was definitely worth it.

So down to business.

Of late I have been reading a lot about managing personal finances. Its interesting to say the least. Mind you, this can sometimes be an extremely dry lunch conversation topic. But something about it ignites a spark inside me. For me, its not about saving a truck load of money because I need to repay loans. Sure I do. But for me its more than that. Its like that game of Sim City I used to play as a kid where I would manage my finances. This is like that. Its more of a game to me. I love money. I crave financial independence. A book I read by Robert Kiyosaki called Rich Dad Poor Dad has really inspired. I would not go as far as to say that I agree with each and every aspect of it.

Sorry for the abrupt end. More tomorrow. Either about this or something else. I promise.

No comments: